Sunday 23 May 2010

Cider and Sunday Evenings!

I just came back in after a walk. It is a lovely blue evening. There was still a little light when I started. It was quiet. St. Georgen is always quiet. But you could hear the sounds of the TV from some of the houses. There is some big football game tonight I think. The streetlights were throwing orange lights in the corners, at the busstop, near the yellow telephone box and the sky was a lovely cobalt blue light. I glanced up at the windows of some of the houses as I walked and saw a ceiling lit with red light with a ring of white light in the centre, in one of them. Different Sunday evenings in the houses. I was thinking of a friend of mine who is now in South Africa. Last year, around a time like this, she made lovely blackforest cake with cherries and we had a running joke about cider all summer because of something silly that I did. When I was walking back, the black cat was still in the corning, half standing in a patch of light. She/He was there when I started. Sudenly felt like saying something to it with my new found knowledge of French ;) But could not come up with anything except for avec mois. The holidays have started and there is going to be two more weeks of this. A sigh escaped me as I type. So there you are..this week's post. Nothing deep..nothing frightfully anything..and now I go back to drinking apple juice because it's the closest that comes to cider!

No comments:

Post a Comment